IGNORED

Extremely Happy Weiss Minerva DAC Owner

I've own the Weiss Minerva DAC since November 2008 but I didn't finished my current setup till December 2008. The DAC was very sad for a month waiting for the rest of the "team". Since they started playing together the Minerva has shown all his potential. I think that the Minerva is the main responsible for the dynamics and the transparency of the music. All I can say is that I can listen to music for hours felling that I want more and more music. I almost can see the musicians in front of me. Thank you to Daniel Weiss for making such an amazing DAC. It has change my life!!

Synology 415+ NAS > CAT 6 Cable > Mac Mini > Curious USB Cable > T+A DAC 8 DSD > Avantgarde Acoustic XLR Cable> Avantgarde Acoustic Model Three Integrated Amplifier > Avantgarde Acoustic Speaker Cable > Avantgarde Acoustic UNO NANO Speakers

Congratulations from a fellow Minerva owner! I love this DAC. Quick question, I saw that you're using a Crystal Cable firewire cable. I've been looking for an audiophile firewire cable. Where did you get that one and how much do they retail for? Did you audition any other high-end firewire cables?

Thanks.

Digital:  SonicTransporter I5 powered by Uptone JS-2,  Ghent Ethernet throughout, Ultra-Rendu's, Ghent DC cables, Curious and Ghent USB

Living Room:  Rethm Trishna, MicroZotl2, Auralic Vega, Rel E112 sub (High Fidelity ic's, DIY pc's and speaker wire from VH Audio)

Office:  Chord Hugo2, Feniks Essence, Rel 218, Noble Kaiser Encores, PM3

Since I'm in Spain and there is no distributor of Crystal Cable, I bought it directly from Crystal Cable in The Netherlands. I paid 492,24€ (including shipping and taxes) for a CrystalFire 0,5m. Sorry but I didn't audition any other high-end firewire cable.

Cheers.

Synology 415+ NAS > CAT 6 Cable > Mac Mini > Curious USB Cable > T+A DAC 8 DSD > Avantgarde Acoustic XLR Cable> Avantgarde Acoustic Model Three Integrated Amplifier > Avantgarde Acoustic Speaker Cable > Avantgarde Acoustic UNO NANO Speakers