IGNORED

UK Forumers

BEEMB

North Kent, but commute to and spend a lot of time in London.

I'm interested in getting a few people together if we can ... a kind of CA meetup!

What do you think ? I mean, we all have one thing in common at least...

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1

I'd be really interested if we could figure out how to arrange comparative auditions of various set-ups. Not the easisest thing to do, maybe, but I find that a minor frustration of reading all of the opinions expressed here about the merits of this or that hardware, software or means of connecting a PC to the hi-fi is that I have no realistic way of making comparisons. I happen to think that Sonic Stage on my Sony Vaio, via optical link to the DAC in my Quad CDP2, sounds great, but compared to what?. Well, I can compare it to CD, of course, and, having done so, I ruled out using other playback software on my particular setup, but I have no idea whether, say, an Apple Mac, using i-Tunes via USB into a Benchmark DAC would be the same, better or worse. Then again, maybe I should just relax and enjoy the music...

Harry Hi, you are more than welcome to borrow anything I have here, best results for me so far have all been Mac based, either a Macbook straight into the Weiss ( firewire ) or better still using the Weiss as just a firewire interface and then into Mike Stahl's DAC. I live in eternal hope that Mike Ritter will send me a Berkeley at some point in the very near future. There is also Daniel Weiss' server on the horizon son too! Keith.

Great map ... !

Thanks Tino - I wasn't actually aware that, as my brother, you lived just around the corner from me. It's taken all this time and a map to finally realise ;-)

Okay - so, a few in and around the London area ... without feeling that I'm leaving anyone too far away out - - - - who's for a meet up ? Somewhere relatively quiet ... just a chit chat and one or three ales / beers. Probably not the West End on a Friday night though eh !? How about Borough Market way ?

Matt.

Poor show all! Surely the only thing better than computeraudiophile.com is real life discussion WITH beer ?!

Jester, maybe I could have a beer with your ten month old. He might agree with what I'm saying; I'm at his level !

Matt.