IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

1 hour ago, Route 66 said:

That gave me a great laugh!    I love that era, and have wished many times I had grown up at that time.  My parents did and they were full of life... 

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

43 minutes ago, Screwdriver said:

I have been part of the Los Angeles punk scene since 1979. Bad Brains are one of the most influential punk bands ever. I saw their first shows in Los Angeles at the Ukrainian Culture Center and Devonshire Downs around the time this video was shot in 82.

Bad Brains put on some of the most energetic shows in the punk era. To this day, the Devonshire Downs show was the best show I have ever seen, the energy was over the top. And I have seen many many shows. The Who to Buddy Rich.

This video gives a glimpse of this.

I remember when Hendrix, Jethro Tull and others played at Devonshire Downs in Northridge in June of '69. My parents wouldn't let me go to see them because there were "too many hippies."  ?

1 hour ago, Route 66 said:

I remember when Hendrix, Jethro Tull and others played at Devonshire Downs in Northridge in June of '69. My parents wouldn't let me go to see them because there were "too many hippies."  ?

Yeah, it was a famous venue. I went to a bunch of punk shows there. Never knew the history until many years later.....Has since been torn down and now it is a biomedical company.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:53 AM, STC said:

This is so useful for another's thread discussion. Thank you so much.  Do you agree the iPhone did not capture the sound as how you heard them live?

On 7/29/2018 at 5:13 PM, PAP said:

[video=

]

recorded with an iphone

vs the actual live recording makes for an interesting comparison;

[video=

]

On 7/30/2018 at 4:53 AM, STC said:

This is so useful for another's thread discussion. Thank you so much.  Do you agree the iPhone did not capture the sound as how you heard them live?

No comparison at all. An iphone does not have that good microphones.

which discussion are you referring to?

55 minutes ago, STC said:

This is about concert hall sound thread. Thanks

If your system can produce a concert hall sound, this one should be a real treat...

(crank it up a little.....)

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

2 hours ago, Boomboy said:

I was lucky enough to see Radiohead in Melbourne oz back in about 98 - 99 .. 

Still liking their music .. especially when they put a electronic edge over it .

Radiohead covering portishead

I have seen Radiohead about a dozen times. Love their music, but generally dislike the digital versions. Not sure what the deal is...compression maybe. But I have all of their stuff on vinyl and it blows away the files I have purchased directly from them and other legit sources.

5 hours ago, Boomboy said:

I was lucky enough to see Radiohead in Melbourne oz back in about 98 - 99 .. 

Still liking their music .. especially when they put a electronic edge over it

Can you believe each of four nights of 2018 Madison Square Garden full length available on YouTube?!:

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

• 2 weeks later...