IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

It is a sad truth that we cant always see every performance of our favorite performers. Thankfully, other people go and film them, and some are truly great. Share your favorites with us. Here are a few of mine. Try to keep this thread limited to performances that rise above the norm, not just a youtube of your favorite song, but of a great performance.

[video=youtube_share;MI49t7t0ZAI]

Check out how the Bass player is playing the instrument.

[video=youtube_share;Te6tgmAjZU0]http://youtu.be/Te6tgmAjZU0

If you need more proof of this womans talent after this video, you are beyond help.

[video=youtube_share;thNVaVfCQEo]

one of the best interpretations I have heard/seen of this song.

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[video=youtube;q_fk-d7v-O4]

I saw Kat at Cézanne in Houston, and accidentally so. My wife and I were walking down Montrose, coming from another music establishment, and I got the wild hair to pull her into the place. As we walked up the stairs I heard this voice singing this very song; a voice that, quite frankly, didn't sound like it was coming from a tiny adorable white girl. The place was a heck of a lot more quiet than the place in this video - you could've heard a pin drop. It seemed that I was not the only one transfixed by her voice. That wonderful instrument of hers, along with the droning piano, percussion and truly excellent flugelhorn playing painted such a dark and beautiful picture. If you don't own the album, just go get it now. This track alone is worth the price.

Holy Shit Mick! I NEED her album!!!

DAMNIT, she was just here on the 16th and I missed her...

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

you thought she was just a writer, poet and composer who was proficient with a wide range of instruments??

I had no idea who she was.  I was just watching a YouTube mix of Patti Smith or Lou Reed or Talking Heads and she popped up onto the playlist...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Harvey

It's not really my genre of music, I never really paid attention. The Boatmans Call just made a lot more sense though.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...