IGNORED

Max and FLAC 24bit/96khz to ALAC 24bit/96khz Conversion - Fixed!

g8k3pr

Just as an FYI to all those who were having the same issue I was with purchased 24bit/96khz FLAC files when attempting to convert them to ALAC 24bit/96khz files using Max 0.8.1 under Mac OS X, I have good news after spending a good few days trolling over the code, today I finally found the issue and corrected it. I can now convert these files (keeping all the FLAC tags intact) to ALAC file of the same order. No more converting to WAV first, re-tagging, and then converting to ALAC in iTunes (what a pain).

Anyway, I have forwarded the changes I made to Stephen Booth (the author). As soon as I hear back from him I can give you all an update on when we should see a new official release. If you are interested in what changes I made and have the Max source code and Xcode Tools 3.x, then feel free to send a private message for details.

Mac Mini Intel; PS Audio DL III - Stage IV Cullen Circuits Mod; Mcintosh MA6500; Audio Physic Virgo IIIs, Anti-cables, Luminous Audio - Synchestra Signature Interconnects, Kimber Kable USB cable

Update: While this revision of the code was supposed to have my changes, there appears to be something missing and it is not behaving as expected. Please stand by for an update.

>Revision 1382 source code for Max is now available from the SVN repository if you wish to compile a >version of Max that has the fix in it. svn co http://svn.sbooth.org/max/trunk Max. Not sure when >Stephan plans to post a binary version on http://files.sbooth.org but I can certainly ask.

Mac Mini Intel; PS Audio DL III - Stage IV Cullen Circuits Mod; Mcintosh MA6500; Audio Physic Virgo IIIs, Anti-cables, Luminous Audio - Synchestra Signature Interconnects, Kimber Kable USB cable

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Max to decode my FLACs directly to ALAC and import to iTunes. It works great for 16/44, but when I tried to convert 24/96 it appears to work but the files play back as studdering burst of static. I'm using a MacBook with 10.5.6. This would be a great time saver rather than my old way of using Xact to decode, then import to itunes, then have to convert in iTunes to ALAC. Hope you/they can get this high res conversion thing working. Thanks for all involved in taking the time to work on this.

memphiskat,

I would appear that Stephen has yet to post a newer version of his program. If you need a copy that will work with 24/96 files please drop me an email request to [email protected] and I will send you a link to a version I compiled from the latest source code.

Best,

Stuart