IGNORED

The Great Cable and Interconnect Swindle: An Etiology

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

Yet you refuse to accept the results when the anomaly has been scrupulously validated by way of the " Gold Standard" DBTs when correctly performed,

6 hours ago, jabbr said:

I suspect you have no real idea what a real DBT is, nor what I would consider “scrupulously validated”.

I don’t consider your claims validated

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

Even Eloise appeared to be happy with the way they were performed after becoming an HiFi Critic member to ask directly. :P

Yet, you consider yourself to be more knowledgeable than others in this area, although most likely never having performed a series of DBTs for publication in your life.***

6 hours ago, jabbr said:

I have no idea nor care who “Eloise” is. I am willing to tell you what it would take to convince me. I strongly doubt you could articulate what it would take to convince you that you are wrong.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

I  will NEVER consider that for even one moment, when I have all the confirmation that I need from...

Alex,

Here is the problem. You have stated for years that you were involved with "correctly performed" DBTs that show... 

, and that piqued my interest. I have asked you in PMs and forum posts for details, that you have kindly provided. But...

Let's back up. I am aware and critical of goal-post moving by objectivists. "Do A and B and C, or I won't believe it" followed after ABC is complete with "Well, you really need D and B is invalid without E..." This is shameless. But I don't do that. I can tell you what it takes to convince me. Hint: it is unchanged by what jabbr, Eloise or a bunch of EEs say or think. My requirements for being convinced stand independent of others.

Back to the "But..." your methods have been unconvincing to me. I have no interest in going round and round with you, so I gave up. Part of giving up is your last quote above. I am an open-minded skeptic, open to many ideas..., except a closed mind.

BTW. *** Yes, I have published several DBTs in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals, but that is unimportant to you given your unequivocal last quote. So why did you even bring it up with jabbr?

@sandyk, you continue to believe that names and resumes matter, and detailed descriptions of methods don't so much. For most who read science, that is reversed.

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Jabbr keeps rejecting the results of the M.C. 6 separate DBT sessions insisting that the sessions couldn't possibly have been  correctly performed, yet has no inside information on how they were performed .

[snip]

[MC's resume]

[snip]

POSITIVE results , should have at least  been worthy of further examination.

I believed it WAS worthy of further examination, which is why I contacted you. I don't reject the results; I simply don't accept them, since the methods remain unclear. 

46 minutes ago, sandyk said:

So ?  Why should I need your validation ?  I know very little about you .

Mine? Who cares about mine? I wouldn't expect you to, unless you repeat some form of the following quote countless times in countless threads on multiple forums. Everyone should reject your claim about the tests unless more detail is forthcoming and it shows valid methodology.

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

Yet you refuse to accept the results when the anomaly has been scrupulously validated by way of the " Gold Standard" DBTs when correctly performed,

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

You could always ask Martin this question directly as Eloise did.

In the meantime, I have made available more recent examples where you don't even need to use your ears.

BTW, this is mainly an Audiophile based forum where we shouldn't need to provide the standards of proof that you demand, as the majority of members are not suitably qualified in these areas, although I do come from a basic Technical background due to 43 years with Telstra where I was a Principal Telecommunications Technical Officer.

Perhaps I should ask Martin or Eloise, but they are not writing in threads I read about data that has been "scrupulously validated by way of the " Gold Standard" DBTs when correctly performed". So I asked the person who is. It's not such an urgent issue that I lose sleep...

This is the Objective sub-forum of said forum. I never demand proof, unless my acceptance of data/claims is the issue. I feel it quite appropriate when lack of acceptance of "mystery" data is brought up by others.

50 minutes ago, jabbr said:

This isn’t intended to be a trick question. I am offering that no electrically measurable difference exists. 

Previously I have discussed possible electrical differences eg EMI etc and suggested that a good isolation transformer would be a much better filter. Additional  physics hypotheses could be developed. I’ve said that for a physics hypothesis I want a measurement to confirm — electromagnetic physics is well established. 

The premise/assumption that there is no electrically measurable difference at the output of the DAC or amp, is to allow the assumption that the audio signal traveling to the ears is identical. Yet there is a perceptual difference. So yes!

I get exactly what you are saying. You're either 2 steps ahead of me or 2 behind. I love what-if-ing about possible physical causes and how to measure/confirm them. But right now, my simple-mindedness can't get past the easier question of whether perceived differences actually exist. I don't mean reported; I mean tested with standard methods.

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Your argument here is with M.C, NOT me,

[snip]

Yes, this is the Objective forum , so PROVE that the DBT sessions performed in the U.K. were flawed !!!!

M.C. is not here touting his data, but you are.

That's not how it usually works. People doing tests describe in detail what they have done, so others can discuss the validity of the methods. "Prove" or "proof" don't really apply here, but only with the methods can meaningful discussion occur.

10 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Hi my kinky titled friend S&M (yeh its an old joke)

Jonathan's thought experiment established that there was a difference heard (as I understand it)

I presume you are talking about response bias in assessment of perceptions ? It is often cited in placebo studies as I am sure you know. Are you neuroscientist or neuropsychologist?

I assumed a perceived difference was reported in jabbr’s TE. Yes, I would want to see biases addressed.