IGNORED

JRiver Media Center on Mac

jriver

This may be a silly question but just so I understand why is it I would need this jriver HD Tracks downloader when I can just use the download tool from HD tracks without issue. What am I missing?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
What am I missing?

A much improved download experience. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it will convert formats on the fly, so if you download FLAC and convert to (e.g.) ALAC like I do, it saves you from having to do that separately with XLD or whatever.

I didn't think to hit the settings button before inputting my user information. It immediately started downloading, so I didn't get a chance to do the experiment.

A much improved download experience. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it will convert formats on the fly, so if you download FLAC and convert to (e.g.) ALAC like I do, it saves you from having to do that separately with XLD or whatever.

I didn't think to hit the settings button before inputting my user information. It immediately started downloading, so I didn't get a chance to do the experiment.

Does it let you enter metadata and update artwork before putting it into iTunes?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
This may be a silly question but just so I understand why is it I would need this jriver HD Tracks downloader when I can just use the download tool from HD tracks without issue. What am I missing?
This downloader will replace that one, but if the one you're using is working, there might be no advantage to switching just yet.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

I assume you mean write support for Core Audio? (That is the ASIO Mac equivalent)

I would like client and server interoperability between Windows and OSX as posted in my other post. I would like the ability to swap out my aging audio PC with a new Mac Mini and control it from JRemote, my netbook or android, and JRiver OSX Client.

Also should have the absolutely highest audio quality. Perfect bit streaming, etc.

Also an option for maximum volume to prevent accidental slips of the finger for those of us running a high end DAC direct to a power amp. Software volume on a mac is a dangerous thing with no pre-amp!

Thanks for the offer. We need to write the equivalent of ASIO for OSX. The rest of our audio engine is identical. The first version will be audio only and should look and work like the Windows version.

Any other details you're interested in?

Sorry, but I didn't see your post there. Here's an update:

Mac OSX Progress Report

Thanks. I saw that post. Do you expect it to sound as good on OSX as it does on Windows? I would imagine that any software such as Pure Music would not be needed. Correct?

I sure would love to try the beta version if possible.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

We will post early versions on our forum and try to keep you informed on this forum.

No other software should be required. I can't comment on quality until MC is running on OSX.

Gotcha! Looking forward to it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I downloaded the JRiver downloader and purchased an album for download and it is a disaster. It constantly crashes, fails to download songs. Will not complete download. Never once had a problem with old HDTracks downloader. Have written to HDTracks to see if they have suggestion.

Auralic Aries/Devialet 200/Analysis Plus Oval 9/Harbeth M30.1

I don't get it: why in 2012 it is complicated to have a download software that works? Every European site I've tried (Qobuz, Highresaudio, Presto) has a downloader that didn't cause Any issues at all.

Maybe you missed the part about this being a test version of a new product JRiver is building for HDtracks. We began testing about two weeks ago. As far as I know, the build #3 I linked just above is working reasonably well.

Thanks again to those who have helped us test.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

I don't get it: why in 2012 it is complicated to have a download software that works? Every European site I've tried (Qobuz, Highresaudio, Presto) has a downloader that didn't cause Any issues at all.

I believe HDTracks (mainly) are protecting themselves from hackers trying to steal music. In my case, even if I'm logged on and already paid by PayPal, they ask again login and password, it's crazy. It is like an antivirus program that don't let you work, like McAfee on Windows. Thanks God we don't need those on Mac.

The others you mentioned from Europe are great. I love "Downloader Qobuz" you can DL when you want, etc.

Roch

Our latest HDtracks Downloader for OSX is here:

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader-6.dmg

In a few days, when HDtracks changes their server, this one will start automatically when you've made a purchase.

Now working great for downloads :) but what happened to the option to convert to ALAC format? :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

You will choose that on the server. All the options on the server may not yet be visible.

Cool! Thanks for the quick response.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system