IGNORED

JRiver Media Center on Mac

jriver

Does the MAc version have a native convolver like the PC version? If so, is it as advanced as the PC version and how many output channels are supported?

If it doesn't, does it at least have support for VST plugins so it's possible to run e.g. ConvolverVST?

This is for use with Audiolense.

#1 Music: AIFF -> WD Caviar Black 2Tb -> OWC Mercury Elite AL-Pro -> Locus Design Polestar -> Mach2 Music server -> OS X 10.6 -> Fidelia -> LAConvolver -> Audiolense FIR filter -> MBS FW800/400 -> Metric Halo LIO-8 -> Vovox sonorus muco S8 -> Supra Sword IXLR -> Bryston 28B-SST2 -> Supra Sword -> Vienna Acoustics Mahler mkII. Accessories: Exact Power EP15 UK, PS Audio Quintet EU, VH Audio Airsine, Furutech FP-3TS20/FI-E35/FI-25/Fi-1363/fuses, Nordost Vishnu/TI pulsar points, Finite Elemente Cerapucs, GIK Acoustics 244/Monster/Tri traps etc.[br]#2 Movies: MKV -> Areca RAID6 server -> CAT6 -> 2 x Devolo AV200 -> CAT6 -> Mach2 Music Server -> Windows 7 Ultimate -> TotalMedia Theatre 5 -> Plogue Bidule -> ConvolverVST -> RME FF800 -> 2 x Silflex Glass Optical (ADAT) -> RME ADI-192 DD -> VOVOX mucolink direct SD -> LIO-8 -> Vovox sonorus muco S8 -> Supra Sword IXLR -> 2 x Bryston 28B-SST2 (L+R), 1 x Bryston 7B-SST2 ©, 4 x B&O ICEpower 1000ASP DIY (surround) -> 2 x VA Mahler mkII (L+R), 1 x Oratorio (center), 4 x Waltz Grand (surround), Velodyne HGS-18 (sub). Accessories: DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033, Auralex Gramma. [br]#3 Headphones: Nexus Psile (VIA based w/CF card) -> M2Tech hiFace -> Stereovox XV Ultra -> Audio-GD REF 5 w/modded connectors -> DIY ACSS cable w/UniCrystal OCC silver & LEMO -> Audio-GD Phoenix w/modded connectors-> APureSound v3 -> HD800. Accessories: PS Audio Quintet US, Neotech NEP-3001, Belden 83803, Furutech F-11, IsoNodes etc.

Does the MAc version have a native convolver like the PC version? If so, is it as advanced as the PC version and how many output channels are supported?

If it doesn't, does it at least have support for VST plugins so it's possible to run e.g. ConvolverVST?

This is for use with Audiolense.

Apparently they are working on that feature, but not with any sense of urgency. This is all I could find on their site concerning this: VST Plugins and AU components

Steve

Matt Ashland, the driving force behind much of this, fell ill and was also seriously injured over the holiday. Last I heard he was still in hospital, trying to recover. I expect that many J. River projects will for all intents and purposes, be "on hold" for a little while, until he recovers.

I suspect we all need to cultivate patience for a while. :(

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Matt Ashland, the driving force behind much of this, fell ill and was also seriously injured over the holiday. Last I heard he was still in hospital, trying to recover. I expect that many J. River projects will for all intents and purposes, be "on hold" for a little while, until he recovers.

I suspect we all need to cultivate patience for a while. :(

-Paul

Yes, Matt and family need all your thoughts and prayers. He is in and out of consciousness, in generally an induced coma like state. Matt had the flu and went to an urgent care center. They didn't like what they saw and asked his wife to get him to ER. While in the parking lot he fainted and cracked his head on the pavement, causing a blod clot on the brain, and some skull surgery to let the brain swell and recover. He is currently in ICU and they hope to move him to a long-term care soon. Matt is on a long road, and we must be patient.

Check here for daily blogs from his wife and family. If interested, log in and let Matt know you miss him.

Matt | CaringBridge