IGNORED

JRiver Media Center on Mac

jriver

If you need beta testers, I'd be in. I'm not part of the general ITunes bashing group, I think I it does a decent job, but alternatives would still be very welcome.

+1 :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Yes it is. It will start to be visible (but still rough) around year end.

I'd like to offer myself as beta tester.

I run an audiophile surround system for both CA stereo/surround music as well as movies direct on my Mac as well as on a projector.

I have been hoping for a JRiver for Mac ever since I entered the CA community!

Tnx

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Count me in. I've been an MC user since v10, and have spent £hundreds trying to get the best environment for it to run in. Even now I run a headless pc just to be able play hi bit rate audio in the lounge. Next to it is bunch of Mac kit for everything else.

MC though will always be at the core of my library process. Being able to run MC on a Mac share the same library as a PC version would be a dream.

Moreover I'm not interested in the video side things, so an Audio version as a start is fine by me.

I won't be able to give up iTunes until they get the video part running, but that, along with JRemote might be able to convince me to just that.

Of note however, the redesigned iTunes is also due this month. It will certainly make an impact on my thinking. ;)

Paul

Count me in. I've been an MC user since v10, and have spent £hundreds trying to get the best environment for it to run in. Even now I run a headless pc just to be able play hi bit rate audio in the lounge. Next to it is bunch of Mac kit for everything else.

MC though will always be at the core of my library process. Being able to run MC on a Mac share the same library as a PC version would be a dream.

Moreover I'm not interested in the video side things, so an Audio version as a start is fine by me.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I would certainly be interested in trying it. I have tried both Amarra and PureMusic and have found them to be not worth their price tags. Currently I am using BitPerfect, but it has certain fallacies and artifacts that Tim never seems to get around to addressing. I've tired of asking him about it.

If it was useable, I'd gladly pay the price of admission. But, I have reservations about the success of such a PC-to-Mac port. Most PC code monkeys dont have a clue as to what they're doing...especially when faced with Macs.

....sT

That is looking quite nice Jim! We are all pulling for you guys. :)

Think you could share any of the considerations you guys are looking at in terms of the music playback? Might be able to give you guys some valuable feedback or at least, some ideas. :)

-Paul

We're getting close now. The first stage is a Mac version of our new HDtracks Downloader. Here's the progress report.

Mac OSX Progress Report

Robert A. Heinlein

Think you could share any of the considerations you guys are looking at in terms of the music playback? Might be able to give you guys some valuable feedback or at least, some ideas. :)

Thanks for the offer. We need to write the equivalent of ASIO for OSX. The rest of our audio engine is identical. The first version will be audio only and should look and work like the Windows version.

Any other details you're interested in?

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

Thanks for the offer. We need to write the equivalent of ASIO for OSX. The rest of our audio engine is identical. The first version will be audio only and should look and work like the Windows version.

Just thinking out loud

- ALAC support

- Memory buffering

- Up to 24/192

- Firewire support

- Support for multi-channel

- Support for encoded material: DTS/Dolby etc.

- Support for external sound card through thunderbolt -> firewire/USB hub

- Support for DVD/Bluray ripping

- Digital X-over 2/3/4 way

- Support for VST & AudioUnit Audio processing plug-ins

In that order.

Tnx

Not quite clear on why you need ASIO, except to provide servce to higher level code. Fairly easy to emulate on a Mac, using USB at least. Oen the USB port with exclusive access, and then you can play through to the device fairly easily without using a mixer unit. You can write an interface round that to gives you ASIO compatible calls.

Some of the other develoers may be willing to share how they accomplished that. I tend to stop there.:)

Think memory play will make it into the first cut?

Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

Just thinking out loud

Remember that the first cut will be audio only, so the answer is "no" on all your video questions.

- ALAC support

- Memory buffering

- Up to 24/192

Yes on all

- Firewire support

Maybe. Depends on drivers.

- Support for multi-channel

Yes.

- Support for external sound card through thunderbolt -> firewire/USB hub

Depends on drivers.

- Digital X-over 2/3/4 way

- Support for VST & AudioUnit Audio processing plug-ins

VST support is in our Windows player and should make it, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your kind answers.

I'll have a MBP with 6G SSD and 16GB ram waiting for your release ;-)

PS. Will I have to buy a MAC version later if I get a Windows version now to run on BootCamp for practice?

PS. Will I have to buy a MAC version later if I get a Windows version now to run on BootCamp for practice?

The Mac license will be a separate license. We will probably offer a special price in the first month or two, when the software is working but not complete.

We're getting close now. The first stage is a Mac version of our new HDtracks Downloader. Here's the progress report.

Mac OSX Progress Report

Wel if you can get your downloader to work properly, I hope HDtracks gives you a cut of the extra sales. Their current downloader has been a constant source of frustration for me. I don't buy much there any more, as it takes me 12 hours or more to download an album. Similar size files downloaded to my system from anyway else on the net only take an hour.

I would buy more from them if the downloading experience improves.

Wel if you can get your downloader to work properly, I hope HDtracks gives you a cut of the extra sales. Their current downloader has been a constant source of frustration for me. I don't buy much there any more, as it takes me 12 hours or more to download an album. Similar size files downloaded to my system from anyway else on the net only take an hour.

I would buy more from them if the downloading experience improves.

Here's a copy of the Mac version of the HDtracks downloader.

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader.dmg

It's still rough, but we could use some reports on what happens when you install and run it.

The coupon should work if you want to purchase anything. Use discount code jriver15 to receive 15% off your entire purchase. One time use only. Expires 10/28/2012

This Downloader is free.

Here's a copy of the Mac version of the HDtracks downloader.

http://files.jriver.com/partners/hdtracks/HDtracksDownloader.dmg

It's still rough, but we could use some reports on what happens when you install and run it.

The coupon should work if you want to purchase anything. Use discount code jriver15 to receive 15% off your entire purchase. One time use only. Expires 10/28/2012

This Downloader is free.

Crashes continuously :/ I can usually get the PDF file to download, but crashes when writing the first FLAC (I'd originally selected convert to ALAC, but that doesn't work either).

Here's an excerpt from one of the crashes:

Process: HDtracksDownloader [51052]

Path: /Applications/HDtracksDownloader.app/Contents/MacOS/HDtracksDownloader

Identifier: JRiver.HDtracksDownloader

Version: 1.0 (1)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [225]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-10-20 18:36:27.314 -0500

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Report Version: 10

Crashed Thread: 7

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

*** error for object 0x1038bf450: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Just for some feedback:

Yesterday, I downloaded the updated version of the HD Tracks downloader, purchased two albums -- thanks for the rebate code! -- and successfully downloaded all tracks to their correct folder on an external hard drive, all without a hiccup.

Very much looking forward to the Mac version of JRiver!

Andy

A couple comments:

(1) When the dialog box is up for username/password, it does not react to the TAB key to move between fields.

(2) When you click on "Check for New Orders," there is no feedback if there are no orders to download. Needs some kind of notice that it did something, elsewise one would begin to think the button is disabled. :)

(3) The screen with active downloads does not respond to scroll events from the trackpad. Have to physically click on the scrollbar.

Other than that, it downloaded just fine, and was far quicker than the Java based download manager from HDTracks.

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein