IGNORED

Free Goldberg Variations in 24/96

Its funny eh, years ago I actually preferred the first. Now I find the second vastly superior. Not exactly sure why this should be the case. However I suspect it might have something to do with the following:when I was younger life was something very much to be lived. However, looking back I seem to have so little in common now with that person that shares my name and identity. Often these days I find the actual living an intrusion on the time I have left to contemplate the whole incredible fact of existence. So its the joy of living versus the joy of contemplation of living.

Brian

Gould pretty much destroyed it for all the others for me. I just get more and more amazed by his musicality/playing as time goes by. I dont think Bach would have come close either. Just a fantastic combo imo. One guy could conjure fantastic polyphonic songs and dance and the other knew how to sing and dance them so perfectly on a percussion instrument it is beyond belief. Both these guys are equal 1 and 2 on my best ever list and will almost certainly stay that way.