IGNORED

Article: A Gift From Sonic Studio To CA Readers

I LOVE Amarra Hifi (and I have the full suite too). I think it's important to be able to show the average consumer electronics customer (who's using iTunes) how to enhance their existing playback system. I also use iTunes (w/ Amarra, and without occasionally) as it represents what many of the not-yet-converted are using, and I'm on a mission to spread great sound!!

I LOVE Amarra Hifi (and I have the full suite too). I think it's important to be able to show the average consumer electronics customer (who's using iTunes) how to enhance their existing playback system. I also use iTunes (w/ Amarra, and without occasionally) as it represents what many of the not-yet-converted are using, and I'm on a mission to spread great sound!!

That's a commendable mission, Mike. I join you in such an effort with perhaps a slightly different objective preferring to help Sonic in certain ways and let the discernment about Amarra's gifts for sound be made by the beholder. No doubt, you've read the various response/reactions/reviews to Amarra's editions which evoke a variety of responses along the spectrum of satisfaction.

As I read, mostly those with problems or who prefer Amarra to operate in certain preferred states appear more vocal than users like yourself and the gentleman from Brazil and, of course, all posters at CA who appear to prefer the sound as the highest priority and to be more forgiving of the stumbles and foibles with Amarra's present builds; and who are more tolerant of Amarra's short-comings because the SQ and soundstage and gapless play in Playlist mode is so excellent.

I do not fault anyone for preferring a "friendlier" more forgiving interface. They are always free to choose. I suspect many more would choose Amarra full time but for the shortcomings that I believe are in the process of being addressed.

I am just one who at the present does not mind the additional steps for adding files to playlist and flagging files as gapless in order to play gapless mode. All the various players are in transition and are constantly being improved. No reason to believe Sonic Studios is not on the same tract. The time frame is different so it is probably hard for others to understand how a state-of-the-art innovator's player is not at least even with other players which have already made features easier to use.

Good to hear from another user like myself who appreciates excellence in delivering "great sound" and even with Amarra's in its present state of development.

Best,

Richard

Indulge me, if you would. A I am a user of Amarra Symphony, I have not yet had any experience with Amarra Hifi. As "I have the full suite too", to quote you, what purpose do you have in employing both programs when the full program provides you with everything and without the limitations of the Hifi edition. Or did you obtain that as a gift and, therefore, have it in your application library anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
sure, let me try a copy. thx

I, too, enjoy a funny post. Was that meant to be such? Or did someone (me?) create the impression that Amarra is dispensing copies on request?

There was actually a gift from Sonic Studio of 50 editions of Amarra Hifi which Chris handled by posting Sonic Studio's offer to the first 50 responders. But that has since past and was accepted with a Tsunami-like wave of comments to get one.

As there are trial editions for you to download, does that meet your present need to try Amarra? If so, help yourself at their website.

You won't be sorry.

To quote Wayne Gretsky: You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Join us and let us know what you discern.

Best,

Richard

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I believe I have come too late.Too bad! Any chance of extending the offer, please?

I've tried Amarra and its sound is the best, is unrivaled.

The offer is long time past. Contact Sonic Studio and put your request to the source. Otherwise, an investment on your part will provide you with the sound you prefer. But you must realize this on your own. What would stop you?

Best,

Richard