IGNORED

Article: A Gift From Sonic Studio To CA Readers

I know I am late, but it took me all this time to update my new CA password...

Frank Mercurio[br]Brisbane, Australia[br]Bel Canto S300IU | 2009 Mac Mini | 750g miniStack | Audio Physic Yara | Blue Circle Thingee DAC | Bryston Speaker Switch | ERA Design D4 | Signal Cable Speaker wire | Belkin Pro USB cable | iTunes | Play (FLAC) | iPhone w/ Remote App

You mean with Amarra or Symphony? ;- ) Previously, in older versions I could hear improvement with Cache & Playlist. This advantage still there in 2.4?

In my experience which matches your statement, prior to build 4374, Playlist mode with cache was definitely superior in SQ. Surprisingly when 2.4 was published, I found that Amarra mode was even in SQ if not better than Playlist mode with cache. In other words, with 2.4, my assessment has changed 180 degrees. I now prefer Amarra mode and leave most Preferences unchecked. It sounds that good.

Best,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Amarra but getting more and more unhappy. I received Amarra Hifi with my Weiss DAC, only to find out that SPDIF is not supported (I can't use the firewire). They can't/won't fix it, but keep trying to sell me an upgrade - I really hate that!

Cinematic[br]__________[br]Mac Mini/Meridian 588/Weiss DAC2/Transrotor Fat Bob+SME 3500+ZYX RS100+Pass Labs XONO/Pass Labs X2.5+X250.5/Martin Logan Summit

Amarra 2.4 plays music beautiful!

Abrogado! That is my experience also with published release 4374. Not only SQ, but soundstage as well. The closet player to live music I have heard and I own them all. They're wonderful as I continue to state. Amarra has that extra special SQ that draws me in. Glad to hear from you as we are in good company sonically.

Enjoy the music,

Richard