IGNORED

Article: A Gift From Sonic Studio To CA Readers

Dear Sonic Studio, It would be absolutely terrific to receive a free copy of Amarra ... Hope that it is still possible ... although it seems to me that I am a bit late. Best wishes, Frank

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

Just downloaded an app off of the App Store...that works. Could it be Sonic Studio's site is down? I'm selecting Amarra HiFi Installer. I get a download. Just won't install without an error. Could it be that I'm using Chrome? (Can't see why that should matter but I'm gonna switch to Safari just to check.)

Hello RobbieC and others who may have had problems installing Hifi after a successful download. This has been reported by a small number of folks, we're still trying to understand what the issue is.

In the meantime, please use the link below to access the Amarra Hifi disk image that won't require the full installation procedure. Simply download and install the .dmg file. Double-click on it to open it and drag the Amarra Hifi Folder to the Application Folder in the resulting Finder window. You should then be able to go to your Applications directory and find the Amarra Hifi folder with the Amarra Hifi.app contained within. Click on the .app to launch Amarra Hifi.

Link to Amarra Hifi .dmg file

http://www.sonicstudio.com/releases/Amarra_Hifi_24.dmg.zip

If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected]. We are working very hard to answer everyone's questions as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Oh, it would be nice to have a licence, since I'm building up a new set for my home. Does it work on OS X 10.6.8.? Thanks Valerio.

Hello Valerio,

Yes, Amarra Hifi works fine on OS X 10.6.8. Please see our FAQ at the link below for further details on system requirements. Please note we have not had a chance to update our FAQ to fully reflect Amarra Hifi, but the system requirements for Amarra and Hifi are the same.

http://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/amarrafaq.html#15

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

I'm really gutted I didn't see this earlier. I would be delighted if I could try Amarra as I am currently demoing other players.

Hi Richard,

You can try Amarra and Amarra Hifi. We offer a free 15 day trial with each product. Simply download the appropriate application from the link below, install and launch it. At the Activation Window, click on Evaluate to begin your 15 day trial. If you get a message that your trial has expired, please contact us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to provide you with a 15 day license.

Link to our downloads page:

http://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/amarrasupport.html#DOWNLOAD

Best regards,

A nice competitive price... interesting. I'll be sure to weigh it against the full version.

Hello Curly,

To clarify, all of the versions of Amarra use the same Sonic Studio Engine to playback your music so if you are not taking advantage of the additional features in Amarra such as Amarra Playlists, Cache mode playback and the more robust EQ capabilities, you should get the same sound from Amarra Hifi as you do from Amarra.

Best regards,

How does this product differ from their higher end product?

Hi NickG,

The full version of Amarra offers several enhancements to Amarra Hifi. Please note that the same Sonic Studio Engine is used for playback so you will still get the same great sound. Please visit our website, http://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/amarra_products.html#AMARRA for details of the Hifi and Amarra feature set.

In a nutshell, Amarra provides:

- Amarra Playlist capability to allow you to run completely independent of iTunes

- Cache Mode playback - load your tracks into RAM before playback - minimizes disk access during playback

- Independent Playlist window for ease of use

- up to 384k sample rate support

- native FLAC file playback - no conversion required when using Amarra Playlists.

- more robust EQ capabilities

- and more!

Best regards,

guess I'm too late...shucks

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

Hi All,

There is one issue which I noticed while trying the Amarra 2.4 and I wonder if any of you experienced something similar. I was using Mini 2.3 before and the memory playback worked fine. I just clicked on cache and the menu meters in OSX already showed me the amount of memory currently in use, so it is very easy to check whether memory playback is really working. Unfortunately memory playback with 2.4 seems to be not working since there is no change in the amount of memory being used no matter if the button cache is clicked or not. In other words I could not activate memory playback, however, I clicked on cache and it was considered to be turned on.

Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks!