IGNORED

Article: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2011 Show Notes

Hi Jason - For the most part I don't like to comment on sound quality in the rooms. I used to comment much more until I realized it does more harm than good, again for the most part. Nearly all rooms sound lackluster and there's no way to narrow down the cause. Most rooms have components I've never heard in a good sounding room let alone a terrible sounding hotel room. Suggesting that a speaker or DAC etc... sounded bad, even though I've heard the component sound spectacular in other situations, is just misleading and doing a disservice to those who couldn't attend the show. Almost all systems are capable of better sound than what was achieved at the show. I'd hate to steer someone wrong by suggesting the new Ayre QA-9 D to A transfers sounded way too bass heavy when in reality it was the combination of all the components interacting with the room. I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say :~)<br />

<br />

The Bryston / PMC room was very crowded so I quickly moved on. I saw a ton of AudioQuest cable at the show. Much more so than any other brand. The preponderance of AQ cable may mean any number of things.<br />

<br />

Sorry for the long windedness and no real answers to "how did it sound."<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Scot - The fact that the words bad, good, great, and fantastic are subjective adjectives doesn't make this any easier. Your good may be bad in my mind and vice versa :~)<br />

<br />

It would be really interesting to bring measuring equipment into the rooms and see how flat they really <s>are</s> aren't.<br />

<br />

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...