IGNORED

Article: C.A.P.S. v2.0

• 1 month later...

Hello to all, this is my first posting. As can be seen in my profile, I am still using a laptop, modified by deactivating unused hardware and services. My OS (Windows 8 Professional) needs 14 services to run properly instead of 33 (shown as C.A.P.S.v2-Services pdf). Would it be possible to deactivate also: Base Filtering Engine, Computer Browser, Cryptographic Services, DHCP Client, Network Store Interface Services, Plug And Play, Remote Desktop...(3x), Security Accounts Manager, Server, SPP Notification Service, Superfetch, System Event Notification Service, Task Scheduler, TCP/IP..Helper, User Profile Service, Windows Event Log, Windows Firewall, Windows Modules Installer, Workstation, when using a C.A.P.S. instead? This would be used for audiophile reasons only, no need for LAN, WLAN etc. Thanks, Uwe

Hello to all, this is my first posting. As can be seen in my profile, I am still using a laptop, modified by deactivating unused hardware and services. My OS (Windows 8 Professional) needs 14 services to run properly instead of 33 (shown as C.A.P.S.v2-Services pdf). Would it be possible to deactivate also: Base Filtering Engine, Computer Browser, Cryptographic Services, DHCP Client, Network Store Interface Services, Plug And Play, Remote Desktop...(3x), Security Accounts Manager, Server, SPP Notification Service, Superfetch, System Event Notification Service, Task Scheduler, TCP/IP..Helper, User Profile Service, Windows Event Log, Windows Firewall, Windows Modules Installer, Workstation, when using a C.A.P.S. instead? This would be used for audiophile reasons only, no need for LAN, WLAN etc. Thanks, Uwe

Although I pared down my Windows 8 Preview similarly, and also turned off IE10, Defender, made high peformance setup (background tasks), I did NOT turn off any of your above services. The only ones I don't see (and therefore never actively disabled either) are Windows Modules Installer and the three Remote Desktop services.

MSB DAC IV works with no problem when connected via onboard USB port; but when I connect it via SoTM USB it stops working after a while, sOTM USB port sounds unbeliveably better than onboard USB port though.

I get an error message saying "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)".

I've tried different USB cables, uninstalled all the other drivers and programs, but nothing works.

What should I do to use sOtm USB port on my CAPS v2.0 stable with my new DAC?

Although I pared down my Windows 8 Preview similarly, and also turned off IE10, Defender, made high peformance setup (background tasks), I did NOT turn off any of your above services. The only ones I don't see (and therefore never actively disabled either) are Windows Modules Installer and the three Remote Desktop services.
Hello ted, to my knowledge any service not needed should be deactivated to avoid deterioration of sound. This is what I learned from cics (cMP² | CMP / 07Optimisations) anyway. Would you expect problems doing the same with C.A.P.S? Maybe the different technological approach of Chris´s design (as compared to cics´s recommendations) advises not to do so? Thanks, Uwe
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know of a Blu-Ray or DVD slot loading drive that is available for the CAPS2 to add to an existing system? I looked for the originals and they are no longer available. Found both 9.5mm and 12.7mm versions without button's, but none of them have a mounting bracket compatible with the chassis. I looked on the webstore, but nothing is listed.

Any info greatly appreciated.