IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server - C.A.P.S.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame so many audiophile sites move away from budget priced items for servers. I suppose the average age is likely higher among people here because the sheer cost of this hobby demands a certain level of income. Almost every server here talks about that lynx card in the computer which is typically double the price of the entire computer itself. The linux part intrigued me, but the glossing over on voyage linux wasn't very informative. I did enjoy seeing a bit more discussion on specific computer components used in the computer. The mobo looks very interesting, as a more functional alternative to that alix board that nyc speaks of all the time. <br />

<br />

I'm not sure why you feel the need to cater to the largely Mac/PC and ignore linux. It's not that much harder than some of the stuff people are asked to do in windows/mac with respect to music. It sounds like you enjoy using linux and are knowledgable about computers, so why would you not put up a few more linux articles and maybe bring in different folks to add to the websites base. My only two alternatives for sites are the audio asylum that caters to an extreme level of tweaking, and this site that talks more about the lynx/julia card combined with mac or pc (using a bloated software like jmedia, itunes, etc).