IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Symposium - From Performance To Playback

I know that this isn't what anyone expected. It is however more towards what I had hoped this would be. This looks like a great time! I think that the price is right on. Great panelists too. To me the most awesome thing is the location. A legendary studio complex that is state of the art (http://www.fantasystudios.com/). SSL and Trident mixers. Studer analog tape machines. The lingering spirits of Brubeck, Santana, Fogerty and so many more. It is in San Francisco too! <br />

<br />

This only makes sense to me: being a computer audiophile was made possible through the knowledge and actions of pro musicians, technicians and engineers who were dissatisfied with what was being offered to us for home playback. I have long believed that these are the people who can drive the change that is needed in the home audio listening environment now. And, after all, their livelihood going forward is dependent on our preferences in what we buy. Not just in playback equipment, but also in how the performances are recorded and delivered to us.<br />

<br />

This event could help clear many of the lingering questions that are on the minds of many of the participants here at CA. For those of you who are struggling to make sense of this thing that is computers and audio, this will be a chance to bring your questions, grievances and ideas to people in the forefront of the action. Computer Audiophile is a 'different' idea in this age. it tries to encompass all of the forms of this way of achieving great audio that isn't encumbered by physical 'formats' <br />

<br />

Austin --->San Francisco. This is bringing back some old connections to the past for me. I'm thinking of buying some bell bottom pants and polka dot shirts and doing what I did 'back in the day'. Hitchhiking and alternately - Truckin' - there (not.. - I'm WAY out of practice now). There is not enough time to grow my hair out down to my a**, so no flowers in my hair..... Anyone have Owsley's phone number? This is a great idea Chris. I hope lots of CA folks will be able to meet there! tres cool man<br />

<br />

I dig the poster too....<br />

<br />

- markr<br />

<br />

Yessir. I'm going to do everything I can do to get there. I see y'all know where to put your apostrophes as well as a thing or a thousand about sound too. <br />

<br />

I was 'sort' of kidding about Owlsley, but it would be definitely be cool to hear him talk - and talk to him - about his years in audio. I had no idea that he had relocated to Australia until I suddenly thought of him last night and then looked him up on the web. <br />

<br />

looking forward,<br />

<br />

- markr