IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Symposium - From Performance To Playback

Ahhhh so that is what the big thing was, very cool - pics and audio of everything please! :D

PS3 60bg (160GB installed + Native music Browser)-AVI ADM9.1-Klipsch SW12 Subwoofer-Belkin Power Board- Custom power cables-Supra Sub Cable- No Name Toslink Cable - PROUD NZer

I do hope that this event will garner wide publicity. Otherwise this event would be lost in time. <br />

<br />

IMHO I think that if this can capture people imagination, this will generate more solution for computer based audiophiles, which should truly bring an computer based solution as good as a good vinyl system, something which we are on the threshold of achieving.<br />

<br />

Go CAS

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I know that this isn't what anyone expected. It is however more towards what I had hoped this would be. This looks like a great time! I think that the price is right on. Great panelists too. To me the most awesome thing is the location. A legendary studio complex that is state of the art (http://www.fantasystudios.com/). SSL and Trident mixers. Studer analog tape machines. The lingering spirits of Brubeck, Santana, Fogerty and so many more. It is in San Francisco too! <br />

<br />

This only makes sense to me: being a computer audiophile was made possible through the knowledge and actions of pro musicians, technicians and engineers who were dissatisfied with what was being offered to us for home playback. I have long believed that these are the people who can drive the change that is needed in the home audio listening environment now. And, after all, their livelihood going forward is dependent on our preferences in what we buy. Not just in playback equipment, but also in how the performances are recorded and delivered to us.<br />

<br />

This event could help clear many of the lingering questions that are on the minds of many of the participants here at CA. For those of you who are struggling to make sense of this thing that is computers and audio, this will be a chance to bring your questions, grievances and ideas to people in the forefront of the action. Computer Audiophile is a 'different' idea in this age. it tries to encompass all of the forms of this way of achieving great audio that isn't encumbered by physical 'formats' <br />

<br />

Austin --->San Francisco. This is bringing back some old connections to the past for me. I'm thinking of buying some bell bottom pants and polka dot shirts and doing what I did 'back in the day'. Hitchhiking and alternately - Truckin' - there (not.. - I'm WAY out of practice now). There is not enough time to grow my hair out down to my a**, so no flowers in my hair..... Anyone have Owsley's phone number? This is a great idea Chris. I hope lots of CA folks will be able to meet there! tres cool man<br />

<br />

I dig the poster too....<br />

<br />

- markr<br />

<br />

This looks to be a lot of fun, and I'm sure I'll be learning a lot as well.<br />

<br />

And by the way, yes I do have Owsley's phone number. If he were in town I'd invite him--he's never less than fascinating to hang with. But he's living in Australia these days and doesn't get back more often than every few years.

Paul Stubblebine[br]Paul Stubblebine Mastering, San Francisco[br]The Tape Project, LLC[br]serious student of the audio arts

Yessir. I'm going to do everything I can do to get there. I see y'all know where to put your apostrophes as well as a thing or a thousand about sound too. <br />

<br />

I was 'sort' of kidding about Owlsley, but it would be definitely be cool to hear him talk - and talk to him - about his years in audio. I had no idea that he had relocated to Australia until I suddenly thought of him last night and then looked him up on the web. <br />

<br />

looking forward,<br />

<br />

- markr

<br />

Chris, I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work on Sunday if I fly in and out on the same day ... How far is it measured in minutes to the Oakland and the San Francisco airports at 4pm or so in the afternoon on the Sunday?

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

• 1 month later...

last time i had the pleasure of seeing a voltron it involved much headphone fanaticism in the midst of a deluge to end all deluges; my 4-legger Emerson seducing a houseful of head-fiers; and more than a bit of vino and single malt to lubricate the proceedings.... maybe not all the same inside Fantasy Studios, but welcome to this weekend's pahtay!

Hi everyone, I'm back from four days of laying in bed sick and I finally feel great! I just had to add that in here because I really am excited to feel normal again and ready to publish some articles and reviews! Anyway, on with the show...<br />

<a href=http://www.adisonhighschool.com/adison/schooling.asp>homeschool programs</a> AND <a href=http://www.adisonhighschool.com/>Online high school diploma</a>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This event is cool. Sound mixers and audio engineers will benefit from this. For the meantime, I am on my internship as an assistant sound mixer in a recording studio. Keep it up. By the way, I like the design of you poster, very creative.<br />

<br />

--------------------------------<br />

<a href="http://www.computeraudiophile.com/">Chit</a>, <a href="http://www.rushessay.com/custom_essay.php">Essay</a><a href="http://www.computeraudiophile.com/">ist</a>

• 8 months later...