IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Reference Music Server For A Song

cfmsp

Good to see your newest reference music server. Great to know XP can deliver a great sytem at a bargain price.<br />

<br />

I note that the system you constructed does not include a DAC but at the end of your article you note that you can use the DAC of your choice. What is the advantage of using the DAC with the Lynx card in this system? Any improvement in sound? Or vice versa, if you plan to use a DAC without the Lynx card what are the pro's and con's. <br />

<br />

I plan to set up a system using a sony vaio (laptop or desktop, whichever my wife will tolerate) running to a Cambridge DacMagic using Kimber USB cables and Kimber 1020 interconnects to the pre-amp. Storage will be a 2 terrabyte Western Digital Studio Drive with uncompressed wave files. Would a Lynx pci card add audio quality to this configuration? <br />

<br />

Last issue for now. I have installed Media Monkey Gold. Is their anything special I need to do to configure this for windows xp? It has the wave_out.dll which I have selected by pressing the configure button. Doe this step eliminate the k-mixer from the chain or is there something else I need to do to optimize Media Monkey?