IGNORED

Article: AVI ADM9.1 Preview

Come on Chris you are killing me. I had to wait months for my ADM9's to arrive as they spent time on a ship circling the globe, and I have been waiting for the 9.1s at least give us a few more impressions of the 9.1s.

ADM9.1s ,2.0 Ghz Mac Mini, Panasonic BD-35 blu-ray player.

Hi<br />

<br />

I currently own a pair of ADM9.1's and they're wonderful. Sound amazing.<br />

<br />

However, I've read a couple of times on this website that some prefer a Mac Mini instead of a Squeezebox. The issue in this case is not the user interface but the sound itself. Some say that the Mac Mini sounds better through the digital input (toslink) than the Squeezebox (also through toslink). My question is: how can this be? How can 1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-0-1' s sound better on a Mac than on a Squeezebox? Digital is digital, right?<br />

<br />

Can someone please explain this?

Hi Maddox Kid Plus - Welcome to Computer Audiophile. This questions is discussed frequently and often turns into a pissing match. Fortunately this is a laid back site where everyone can give you their honest opinion without getting ridiculed. So, here is my opinion on this issue.<br />

<br />

Digital is not digital. If digital was digital every transport would sound the same. The sound differences come mainly from different implementations by each manufacturer including how jitter is managed.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

<br />

Well, I can finally stop hassling Ashley every day, chasing my ADM9.1s - they've arrived.!<br />

Only a few hours into listening but I'm so happy - I'm yet to get them onto decent stands too.<br />

<br />

What a great listen; started out with the usual stuff before heading for the Linn website to download some studio master FLAC's. So far - WOW!<br />

<br />

Looking forward to reading your review Chris.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Matt.<br />

<br />

<br />

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1

Matt,<br />

<br />

I, too, am a very satisfied AVI customer. I have the original ADM9's and Sub, bought a few months ago just as the 9.1's were being introduced. I have them running from a Macbook via the digital input and from an AVI CD player through the analogue inputs. Both sound great, but I am looking to move over entirely to the Mac as my sole source.<br />

<br />

Can you give me more details on these Linn FLAC's and how to download them-do you import them into itunes?<br />

<br />

Phil

Hey Phil,<br />

<br />

Looks like Chris got there first !<br />

<br />

I used his guide using the Max software. Worked a treat and the sound is awesome.<br />

<br />

Ashley at AVI recommended this site: http://www.gimell.com/<br />

I've not tried any of the downloads yet - but am looking for one or two now whilst listening to a spot of Roxy Music ... <br />

<br />

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1

• 2 years later...

I have speaker of AVI, i always listen them while traveling and it's<br />

really a good experience to me,I have a friend who plays music<br />

i am looking for something for him a nice sound proof gift<br />

I am looking for AVI Neutron V want to listen them somewhere <br />

against a pair of LS3/5A or S5/3R type speakers.<br />

Regards.<br />

<br />

<a href="http://www.oppapers.com/">Term Paper</a>