IGNORED

Question about MusicGiants authenticity

Hey Rick - Are the Concord albums your talking about listed as Super HD on the MusigGiants site? If they are just listed as HD then the albums are from the 16/44.1 version. Personally I'd order the physical CD rather than jump through hoops as a Mac user. Plus you can rip uncompressed with the actual CD.

Is this kind of what you getting at?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I can confirm what Chris just said. Using iTunes, the bit rate dropped from 3000kbps to 1411kbps. I will try to decipher Chris' instructions for the MS conversion tool and see if it works for me.

Chris: I must confess that I am not 100% clear on how to use this tool.

Regards,

Jim

No Luck. I can't seem to get the tool to work. my Program Files on my C drive shows the conversion tool is there. The files to be converted reside on an external drive. when i go to start run and go to the last sequence, I can't get it to do anything; I assume I need to create a new folder for the converted files to reside. so I enter the folder of the high rez wma files first then I enter the new folder location for the converted files. nothing. I tried typing .wma and .wav and the end of the folder names. still nothing.

Regards,

Jim

Alright, we'll figure this one out one way or another. Hear is my suggestion. Copy the music you want to convert into a folder called music right on your C drive (c:music). The copy my exact command. I was able to convert the whole folder at a time. below are my results and what you should see.

run this command without the quotes "wmal2pcm c:music c:music"

C:Program FilesWindows Media ComponentsToolsWMAL2PCM>wmal2pcm c:music c:music

Converting c:musicMangos.wma to c:musicMangos.wav

++ Song title: Mangos

++ Author: Sonny Rollins

++ Copyright:

++ Description:

++ Rating:

++ WMA bitstream version: 3

++ sampling rate: ++ # of channels: 2

++ bit-rate: 1152000 bps

++ duration: 331641 ms

++ DRM content: No

Full Read and Decode took 43 s.

Play Time would be 331 s.

Converting c:musicMangos.wav to c:musicMangos.wav.wav

** The file is not a WMA file.

C:Program FilesWindows Media ComponentsToolsWMAL2PCM>

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris: you're the best. The tool is grinding through and converting the folder now (SRV "In Session" Super HD and Linn High Def files). Seems to working. thanks again. The only difference was moving the files from an external drive to the internal drive.

Regards,

Jim

The entire folder converted fine. Music Giants came through at 24/88.2 and the Linn stuff at 24/96 and they all play fine. Only problem, none of the album info came through and I had to manually input the info into iTunes. any solutions for this? thanks again. and I can confirm no luck with DRM files.

Regards,

Jim

Its worth it. will be glad to help. looking forward to your thoughts on the Swiss firewire DAC.

I wish the download services would provide more file format options to avoid this hassle.

Regards,

Jim

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...