IGNORED

A J-River Gizmo Question...

James1776

One step in the process of installing Gizmo is to set up remote wake up (WOL). The app tells you which ports to play with but they do not say which IP to route them to..The router has at least 4, a LAN IP, a WAN IP, a MAC IP and a computer IP (the PC the router is hard wired to)...Does anyone know which IP is to be used here???

If I had to guess I's use the computer IP but it is just a guess.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

Wake on Lan can be tricky to set up. Try Google searches or reading the document for your router.

You may need to turn on settings for the network interface hardware or the BIOS on your PC.

You should be able to test WOL over your local network.

This isn't a Gizmo or MC problem at this point.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

Not saying its a MC problem, just that I cannot do it. I've fiddled with settings for weeks and have a host of various setup guides printed out (perhaps 50 pages worth)and it simply will not wake the PC. It will turn on the MC17 application if not on but the PC needs be up and operational.

For the first time yesterday I used the app on the phone from a remote Wi-Fi site without problem, but my servers were up and on at home.

I am sure there is some magic tweak, some box to check, some thing to setup that I have not yet discovered, but so far no luck.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

When I do the Bios thing I get a Bios screen but there is no obvious way to get from it to anything having to do with settings or WOL. Perhaps there is a Bios entry for that but I do not know it...