IGNORED

Streaming from iTunes NOT with Airplay

I'm looking for the best solution to stream from iMac to Project StreamBox DS. System is setup in this way..

Imac-Time capsule-StreamBox all wired network cable.

Music library is iTunes stored on the iMac.

Problem is that iTunes will not let you access the music thru DNLA.

Seems like Twonkey Media would be the only solution..but is there any other? Maybe some type of software that mirrow the iTune lib. so it accesable at my network?

Thanks CA people

Kris from Denmark!

iMac27\"i5,Apple TV2(SeasonPass)TC2,Pro-Ject Stream Box DS,Peachtree iNOVA,Shahinian Starter,Wireworld,MSB UMT + MSB Platinum DAC IV, XIVA M8.Tom Fletcher Turntable, Tiny Tube Riaa.[br]Working for www.tekni-fi.dk

What you need is a UPnP server...

As you identified Twonky is one such option. I've also heard good results of Elgato's EyeConnect and Majestic. Another option is Asset but this requires using Crossover Office software ("emulates" Windows on MacOS X).

Another option (possibly better long term) wold be to replace your TimeCapsual with a NAS which offers a UPnP server: either a bespoke device such as from Synology or QNAP or (my own option) a VortexBox server running on a low powered PC.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hi Eloise,

thanks for your answer..

NAS could be a solution, they are just a bit noisy hense the TC.

I also need to be able to sync in a simple way, i've looked into supersync.com and i think i'm gonna try it out tonight.

The best solution in the end for me would be NOT to have the Mac switched on to listen to music, but still use it as my main "music storach/library..iTunes etc.. Problem is if I stored my complete music library on the TC it needs to be with a different program than iTunes cos i makes hard to enter from streaming device, probaly also because TC is not a "real" NAS..but let's see.

I'm looking into trying Request Media sync solution as well..many hours of work ahead:-)

Thanks again

Kris

iMac27\"i5,Apple TV2(SeasonPass)TC2,Pro-Ject Stream Box DS,Peachtree iNOVA,Shahinian Starter,Wireworld,MSB UMT + MSB Platinum DAC IV, XIVA M8.Tom Fletcher Turntable, Tiny Tube Riaa.[br]Working for www.tekni-fi.dk

If you have access to a old spare PC, I'd encourage you to give VortexBox a try.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.