IGNORED

Are These Even Relevant Anymore?

Hey everyone. I recently came across a product release announcement for this $140 NAD IPD-1 iPod dock. Since the new Wadia 170 iTransport has been announced are iPod docks like this even relevant anymore? I think no, they are not for people already into high end audio. Perhaps they are relevant for those who may be interested to hi-fi in the future, but will this $140 dock outperform similar docks that are less than half the price?

I guess for me these are now irrelevant and I don't pay much attention to them if they don't have a digital audio out option like the Wadia 170 iTransport. What do you guys think? I'm interested in your opinions no matter what you think.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

I don't have an Ipod, so have no need for this gadget. If I did use one it would have to have digital output.

I have tried portable music in various ways, and the problem is always that I just can't hear the music well enough through the environmental noise. Even with noise-blocking headphones I couldn't hear the quiet parts. I like the quiet parts.