IGNORED

Are These Even Relevant Anymore?

Hey everyone. I recently came across a product release announcement for this $140 NAD IPD-1 iPod dock. Since the new Wadia 170 iTransport has been announced are iPod docks like this even relevant anymore? I think no, they are not for people already into high end audio. Perhaps they are relevant for those who may be interested to hi-fi in the future, but will this $140 dock outperform similar docks that are less than half the price?

I guess for me these are now irrelevant and I don't pay much attention to them if they don't have a digital audio out option like the Wadia 170 iTransport. What do you guys think? I'm interested in your opinions no matter what you think.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I don't have an Ipod, so have no need for this gadget. If I did use one it would have to have digital output.

I have tried portable music in various ways, and the problem is always that I just can't hear the music well enough through the environmental noise. Even with noise-blocking headphones I couldn't hear the quiet parts. I like the quiet parts.