IGNORED

apogee duet

docdan50

Which version of CD Spin Doctor do you use? I just got my Duet today, and it came with the old (2007) software, so I downloaded the new software from Apogee (driver v2.4.4.fc1). Hooked it up to my Mac Pro, running OS/X 10.5.6, and did some test recording with Spin Doctor 4.0.2.333t. That's the version that came with Toast 8, and I just happened to have it sit around.

Anyway, a long way to say that this combination seems to work.

I haven't settled on software to use for vinyl archiving. Opinions?

E.

Thanks for the tips on Click Repair and Audacity. Just got started on this and I'll have to spend some quality time. The first problem I ran into is that my turntable isn't very close to my Mac. One option is to leave it where it is, and use a 15' cable from my preamp (Odyssey Tempest Extreme, which as an awesome phono stage) to the Duet. Tried that and it works, but I'm not sure how much degradation there is from the somewhat long non-balanced cable run. The other option is to move the turntable to my desk and hook it up to a small external NAD phono stage that's been gathering dust, because isn't nearly as good as the Odyssey. Haven't tried that yet. The third option is to move the preamp from my rig, but that's not a good one since the vinyl recording process is likely to take a long time.

Ah, options!