2014 Chapman T7 Speakers
2014 Chapman T7 Speakers
- Listing Type FOR SALE
- Item Condition USED
- Time Left This listing is completed.
- Quantity 1
- Price 5,500.00 USD
Up for sale are my beloved 2014 Chapman T7 speakers (full range/3-way) in cherry finish. The Chapman T7 has been in production since 1981, and is Stuart Chapman's best selling speakers. These speakers are entirely hand-made.
I am moving towards lower wattage power amps (think single ended triode), and this speaker at a 89db, 4ohm load prefers an amplifier that has more current capability and higher damping factor to sound at its best. This speaker had been driven by my Cary Audio Sli-80 integrated and Aesthetix Atlas hybrid power amp. It is currently being driven by my First Watt Sit-3.
Current retail is $11995 for the standard wood finish ( http://chapmanaudiosystems.com/CurrentModels/T-7.html ). My speakers are the standard wood finish. I have owned them for 6 years.
If you are looking for a neutral, transparent yet grand sound, these speakers are right up there. And they go down deep (26Hz). If you have the electronics to drive and control it, these speakers will give you that deep & tight bass foundation (as your source material intended) for your music. The timbral accuracy, pin point imaging and spacial transparency are to die for.
Please note the following:
1. The speaker started life as an older cabinet with older drivers and electronics (pre 2014), and Stuart did a "full overhaul". He updated the hard wood, damping materials, bracing, replaced all crossovers and drivers. Other than the MDF cabinet, everything was updated to 2014 specifications.
2. Stuart has kept the T7 cabinet architecture/construction the same (I am not sure starting which year) so that the speakers can be upgraded to current year specs to preserve owner investment. I recently checked with Stuart, and it will cost $3K to upgrade to 2021 specs. That said, it is phenomenal sounding now, and I think upgrading is a nice-to-have option. But if you want to go down that path, for $8.5K, you essentially get a set of $12K speakers. He does not discount his new speakers.
3. They rarely come up on sale, but if you do an internet search, you will see used prices all over the place because (a) some of the units that you see have the older cabinet structure that is NOT upgrade-able (tell tale = the tweeter/mid range grill cover is not removable, and the upgrade-able structure is taller at 44.5 inches); (b) even if it has the new cabinet structure, it has the older drivers/crossovers/non Rhodium speaker cable connections (2014 was a major revision year), and/or older hardwood cosmetics (the current wood base has a much thicker profile then some of the previous ones)
4. It's a 3-way speaker. The 10 inch woofer is hidden behind the grill cloth.
5. There are some blemishes to the wood base (see pictures). If you really want to change them, Stuart will sell you new wood bases.
6. These speakers come with the heavy duty factory cartons (that are in excellent condition). EACH speaker plus its carton weighs 110 pounds. They are heavy. I prefer local pick up (located near Seattle WA, USA). If you really want it shipped, I will work with you. However shipping expenses and loss/damage (in transit) are Buyer's responsibility.
7. In case you are wondering, I don't use the fireplace that you see in the pictures - these speakers have never been exposed to extreme temperatures.
I prefer payment via Paypal. Paypal fees are buyer's responsibility. No fees if done via Paypal friends and family.
Please reach out if you have more questions or want additional pictures.
Thank you for reading!