Jump to content
  • The Computer Audiophile

    Qobuz Announces Opening of US Beta

    I don't have much more, but I don't think much more needs to be said. Qobuz is now open in beta of everyone in the US!

     

    Remember, here is a how-to about moving all your favorites and playlists from Tidal.

     

     

     

     

     

    Press Release:

     

    Qobuz Announces Opening of US Beta

    Qobuz, the European-based certified Hi-Res streaming and download service whose launch in the US has been highly anticipated in the audiophile community, announced today that it is now available for registration to US customers as an open beta. Initial US market beta users are being onboarded this week. Music aficionados looking for a premium audiophile experience can join the waitlist for the Qobuz beta here: http://on.qobuz.com/RH

    The world's first and only certified Hi-Res streaming and download service, Qobuz has already secured a 2 million+ track Hi-Res catalog, and will be launching to the public at large following the beta testing. It will be available on all Mac/iOS/Android/Windows operating systems.

    As previously announced, the finalized US pricing plan is below:

            • Sublime+: $299.99/year for full Hi-Res streaming and substantial (40-60%) discounts on purchases from the Qobuz Hi-Res (up to 24-bit / 192 khz) download store.
            • Studio: $24.99/month for unlimited Hi-Res (24-bit /up to 192 khz) streaming ($249.99 annually).
            • Hi-Fi: $19.99/month for streaming including 16-bit CD quality streaming ($199.99 annually).
            • Premium: $9.99/month for 320 kbps MP3 quality streaming ($99.99 annually).
     
    For information on the Qobuz streaming experience, see HERE
    For infomation on the Qobuz download store, see HERE

    To keep updated, contact Hannah Schwartz ([email protected]) or Mark Satlof ([email protected]).

    About Qobuz

    Founded in 2007, Qobuz is a Paris-based commercial online music streaming and downloading service that addresses the needs of curious and discerning music lovers across the globe. Live in eleven European markets and launching in the US in early 2019, Qobuz offers an exceptional range of music genres as well as exclusive editorial content independently curated by a team of experts. Qobuz offers subscription to streaming services with genuine CD quality audio of more than 40-million tracks and over 2 million Hi-Res tracks up to 
    24-bit/192k resolution from all genres. For more information: www.qobuz.com.

     

    ###


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    8 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

     

    You are totally wrong. 

     

     

     

    See my copies from Qobuz website. 

     

    Show me if you can find different numbers on any site. 

     

    Do you consider everything at 44.1kHz, regardless of whether it's 16 or 24 bit, to not be hi res? Just trying to be sure everyone's talking about the same thing here.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The quoted part was directly from their press release that Chris shared.  How can I be "totally wrong" when it's obviously there, and all I did was quote it.  I made no claim about the actual numbers, I don't work for them or for any auditing service.  Perhaps Qobuz was "totally wrong" to include that.

     

    You might brush up on your manners.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    45 minutes ago, Jud said:

     

    Do you consider everything at 44.1kHz, regardless of whether it's 16 or 24 bit, to not be hi res? Just trying to be sure everyone's talking about the same thing here.

     

    I as a minimum condidder better than CD. So that means 24 bit as a start. This is also how Qobuz define hi res. I hope you agree. 

     

    I think wiki is better than me here. 

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-resolution_audio

     

    As I said in my previous post Qobuz stats around 70000 24/192. They also stats 170.000 hires up to 24/192

     

    Not sure where you’re going with this question. But hope I answered it. 

     

    The issue here is that misinformation and people thinks they sign up to something that it isn’t. Not definition if hires. 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

    The quoted part was directly from their press release that Chris shared.  How can I be "totally wrong" when it's obviously there, and all I did was quote it.  I made no claim about the actual numbers, I don't work for them or for any auditing service.  Perhaps Qobuz was "totally wrong" to include that.

     

    You might brush up on your manners.

     

    Would you be kind enough to give me a link to that press release ?

     

    This one ?

    https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/qobuz-prepares-for-us-launch-announces-pricing-plan

     

    And this one ?

    https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/qobuz-announces-roon-integration

     

    I can’t find similar press releases on Qobuz news room in their website. And for sure not the 2 mill hires. 

     

    Here is an example with correct information 

    http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog-en/2018/10/10/qobuz-studio-launch-the-first-monthly-and-unlimited-hi-res-streaming-subscription/

     

    or this one. 

     

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qobuz-to-preview-high-res-audio-music-streaming-and-download-service-at-cedia-expo-300705472.html

     

    EDIT:

    Darko seems to be fooled as well. 

    https://darko.audio/2018/11/worth-the-wait-qobuz-us-launch-bumped-to-early-2019/

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

     

    Not sure where you’re going with this question.

     

    Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a matter of different definitions, and you've answered that - it doesn't appear to be.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

     

    Would you be kind enough to give me a link to that press release ?

     

    This one ?

    https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/qobuz-prepares-for-us-launch-announces-pricing-plan

     

    And this one ?

    https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/qobuz-announces-roon-integration

     

    I can’t find similar press releases on Qobuz news room in their website. And for sure not the 2 mill hires. 

     

    Here is an example with correct information 

    http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog-en/2018/10/10/qobuz-studio-launch-the-first-monthly-and-unlimited-hi-res-streaming-subscription/

     

    or this one. 

     

    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qobuz-to-preview-high-res-audio-music-streaming-and-download-service-at-cedia-expo-300705472.html

    Try the press release that this very comment thread is about... 🙄

     

    Hint:  It helpfully has the heading "Press Release" at the start...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

    From the very article I "wrote." Notice the words Press Release.

     

    But I’m asking the correct link to that information. Www.Shorefire.com ?  I already liked that info in a post above.   Where and from whom was it published. Copy of your article I already did 😀

     

    What you are showing could could be written by anyone.

     

    And the fact still stands that Qobuz website stats totally different numbers.

    I think a investigation is needed. No need to defend your possible wrong information.

     

    I hope you get my point here. And take necessary action. I think this is a serious case of someone misleading you and everybody else. 

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

    Good lord, this comment thread is for the press release!  smh

     

     

     

    And it seems to be a fake press release. Or at least it contain information that isn’t correct. I would like to see some sort of prove that this information is correct. 

     

    Maybe someone can explain Shorefire role. Isn’t it a PR company ?

     

    And why should one believe a PR company more than the company Qobuz official website ?

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

     

    But I’m asking the correct link to that information. Www.Shorefire.com ?  I already liked that info in a post above.   Where and from whom was it published. Copy of your article I already did 😀

     

    What you are showing could could be written by anyone.

     

    And the fact still stands that Qobuz website stats totally different numbers.

    I think a investigation is needed. No need to defend your possible wrong information.

     

    I hope you get my point here. And take necessary action. I think this is a serious case of someone misleading you and everybody else. 

     

     

    Where’s the fire? I’m not too worried about the number. Plus, it’s not my service so I have no way of proving the number right or wrong. 

     

    I received the info via email. 

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    That was the problem. Tracks, not albums. Before noticing this thread had blown up, I responded to the same comment here:
     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

    Tracks vs Albums. Numbers make sence now. 

     

    Sorry for confusing. 

     

    That was my next question after the definition of hi res.

     

    Easy to get confused, but probably something to've considered before accusing Qobuz of being misleading.  🙂

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    (I posted this in another thread, too--perhaps this one gets more traffic?)

     

    I accepted their invitation to try the US Beta version. I downloaded the Windows app to my laptop (HP with Windows 10), but it doesn't work--it instantly freezes! I contacted their customer service but no response yet. In the meantime, I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions, rebooted a few times, ran a system and file check--all to no avail. The web version works, but my laptop won't play any resolution higher than 16/44.1 despite my McIntosh HD driver being set for 24/192. (I want the app so I can play up to 24/192--or even DSD should that ability be available in the future.)

    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, DeathFugue said:

    (I posted this in another thread, too--perhaps this one gets more traffic?)

     

    I accepted their invitation to try the US Beta version. I downloaded the Windows app to my laptop (HP with Windows 10), but it doesn't work--it instantly freezes! I contacted their customer service but no response yet. In the meantime, I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions, rebooted a few times, ran a system and file check--all to no avail. The web version works, but my laptop won't play any resolution higher than 16/44.1 with the built-in audio card. (I want the app so I can play up to 24/192.)

    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

    That's just not enough information to go on. It works on countless Windows 10 laptops.

     

    What's different about yours? Do you have any security software installed? Do you have any audio device drivers installed? Have you tried to run it as Administrator?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

    That's just not enough information to go on. It works on countless Windows 10 laptops.

     

    What's different about yours? Do you have any security software installed? Do you have any audio device drivers installed? Have you tried to run it as Administrator?

    1) Yes, Norton.

    2) Yes, the McIntosh HD driver I mentioned--use it for the DAC in my MA9000

    3) Yes I have

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    OK, I disabled Windows Defender but left Norton on, and I re-ran it as the Administrator--it works now but it seems rather slow. Still, that's progress!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, DeathFugue said:

    OK, I disabled Windows Defender but left Norton on, and I re-ran it as the Administrator--it works now but it seems rather slow. Still, that's progress!

    Great to hear.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    19 minutes ago, DeathFugue said:

    OK, I disabled Windows Defender but left Norton on, and I re-ran it as the Administrator--it works now but it seems rather slow. Still, that's progress!

     

    Nothing screws up Windows like Windows.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I spoke too soon! It has frozen again, but before it did, it started playing the same track superimposed on itself and separated by about a second. Let me tell you that made for some bizarre listening! I just download the Windows app for my Windows 10 desktop and it works just fine, so there's something weird going on with my laptop.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Been enjoying the Beta the last 24 hours with zero hiccups using Roon. Sounds great and excellent depth of music catalog.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I have been enjoying Qobuz (mostly via Roon) for a few weeks now and love it.

     

    When is Qobuz supposed to move out of "beta", and what does that mean?

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/29/2019 at 2:41 PM, DeathFugue said:

    (I posted this in another thread, too--perhaps this one gets more traffic?)

     

    I accepted their invitation to try the US Beta version. I downloaded the Windows app to my laptop (HP with Windows 10), but it doesn't work--it instantly freezes! I contacted their customer service but no response yet. In the meantime, I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions, rebooted a few times, ran a system and file check--all to no avail. The web version works, but my laptop won't play any resolution higher than 16/44.1 despite my McIntosh HD driver being set for 24/192. (I want the app so I can play up to 24/192--or even DSD should that ability be available in the future.)

    Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

     

    Whether using the web player or app try clicking on your user name in upper right and then under "music playing" set the maximum resolution to 24/192, also go into Windows sound settings and set to 24/192. Should help.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...